Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC-4402 and AIR-LAP1252AG-A-K9

lukebrennan
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a current setup of two WLC-4402's and about 50 AIR-LAP1242AG-A-K9 AP's, recently we purchased a 1252 for testing, how can I incorporate this into our network and test 802.11n, all clients that support n are still connecting to this ap using g...

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Regards,

Luke

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Configure 802.11n on the 5ghz radio. You have to make sure you set the channel (149 for 40mhz above or 136 for 40mhz below just for testing) and power setting of the ap first. Then set the channel width to 40mhz above or below. On the wlan, make sure you have wmm enabled. This is all you need. Hope you get it working.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

lukebrennan
Level 1
Level 1

Any help with this problem?

Thanks.

Configure 802.11n on the 5ghz radio. You have to make sure you set the channel (149 for 40mhz above or 136 for 40mhz below just for testing) and power setting of the ap first. Then set the channel width to 40mhz above or below. On the wlan, make sure you have wmm enabled. This is all you need. Hope you get it working.

-Scott

Where do I find the 5ghz settings on the wlc, I cannot see this anywhere, usual settings in wireless-radios-802.11b/g/n..

Thanks

It should be under Wireless-802.11a/n-Network.

-Scott

Or on the cli....

config 802.11a enable

config 802.11b enable

config 802.11b 11gsupport enable

-Scott

All this is complete, still can't see the test unit connecting at 802.11n, or higher then 54Mbps.

I've tried disabling 802.11g, forcing the client to connect at 802.11a, no change.

Working now, forgot to enable wmm.

Thanks everyone.

If you have the 5ghz radio set at 40mhz channel width and wmm enabled, then you have to look at the device configuration. I have a linksys 600N that I'm able to connect to as long as those settings are in place.

Also verify that 802.11n (5GHz) High Throughput is enabled, which it should be by default.

Post your show run-config.

-Scott
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card