cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

4506-E Supervisor IV slot0:/ and compact flash

thunt
Level 1
Level 1

This isn't a *real* problem but just an oddity if anyone would like to chime in. I have added a 1GB compact flash drive in my 4506-E Supervisor IV. It works fine I can copy configs and boot images to it but it is very slow. It's like it is trying to read the entire contents of the card before it gives my my prompt back (it took 3 hours to format). I realize 1GB is way beyond what is required but it was way cheaper than a 256MB card oddly enough. Is there a way to partition slot0 to something smaller than 1GB or should I just live with slow access time?

2 Replies 2

didyap
Level 6
Level 6

The Flash port accepts both 64 MB and 128 MB Type 1 compact Flash cards. You can use it for file transfer tasks such as loading a new software image. The Flash card is optional

I know it is optional and the 1 GB compact flash card does work. It just takes a long time to read it all. I do appreciate you taking the time to respond though.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card