Problem connecting to Microsoft Active Directory Resources

Unanswered Question

I recently installed a 4402 Wireless LAN controller with 19 lightwieght APs. I use 802.11 authentication with WPA2, AES and PEAP through a CiscoSecure ACS server and a Microsoft 2003 Active Directory. Everything works fine except when I need to pass my AD credentials. I can authenticate to the domain, but I cannot access shares, administrative tools or the company intranet which uses my AD credentials. I can ping all the servers and I can complete a tcp handshake with the servers. I read about a similar problem in a Cisco Q&A about enabling Multicast on the WLC. I set it to unicast but it didn't work. I tried setting it to multicast, but I didn't know what to use for the multicast address.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Scott Fella Sat, 05/24/2008 - 20:23

It looks like a configuration issues on the network. Multicast will not help you in this situation. Can it be due to the fact that your laptop is processing the login before it obtains a network connection. Usually when you have scripts that need to run to mapp dirves, etc, you need to have a 3rd party utility like IBM Access Connections or Intel Pro to force the laptop to obtain a network connection then process the login.

This Discussion