cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WAAS prepositioning problem

Darren Sasso
Level 1
Level 1

I'm setting up prepositioning and I wasn't able to view any of the cifs shares. That led me to setting up windows authentication so AD has the proper credentials, but i'm still having problems getting it to work. Below are the errors i see. I used my user account and it has domain admin priviliges.

wae-chandler Wed May 21 16:23:10 MST 2008 Check Trust failed; Check Sequence failed; Check Domain Info failed;

wae-gresham Wed May 21 16:23:11 MST 2008 Check Trust failed; Check Sequence failed; Check Domain Info failed;

wae-romania Wed May 21 16:23:13 MST 2008 Check Trust failed; Check Sequence failed; Check Domain Info failed;

wae-mthai Wed May 21 16:23:17 MST 2008 Check Trust failed; Check Sequence failed; Check Domain Info failed;

wae-idc Wed May 21 16:23:19 MST 2008 Check Trust failed; Check Sequence failed; Check Domain Info failed;

wbinfo -t checking the trust secret via RPC calls failed

error code was (0x0)

Could not check secret

System Initialization Finished.

- winbind may not be running

- Domain name may be incorrect

wbinfo --sequence Could not show sequence numbers

- If you're using W2000 SP4 or W2003 SP1 Domain Controller, please use Kerberos for authentication

- This check may fail if NTLM is used and WINS is disabled (authentication status may still be OK)

wbinfo -D MCHP-MAIN Could not get domain info

- If you're using W2000 SP4 or W2003 SP1 Domain Controller, please use Kerberos for authentication

- This check may fail if NTLM is used and WINS is disabled (authentication status may still be OK)

I'm not sure what i'm doing wrong. Any help would be greatly apppreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

dstolt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Darren,

You don't need AD authentication for prepositioning, only user authentication to the devices. Your ID/PW combination needed for prepostioning is done on the CORE cluster configuration. There should be a "File Server Access Username" and a "File Server Access Password" fields in the core cluster Device group. Try setting your domain/username and pw there and then attempting to browse the servers via prepositioning.

Dan

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

dstolt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Darren,

You don't need AD authentication for prepositioning, only user authentication to the devices. Your ID/PW combination needed for prepostioning is done on the CORE cluster configuration. There should be a "File Server Access Username" and a "File Server Access Password" fields in the core cluster Device group. Try setting your domain/username and pw there and then attempting to browse the servers via prepositioning.

Dan

That looks like it worked. Thank you very much.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: