cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How To: Configure DHCP on 1751

sandman420
Level 1
Level 1

Can anyone provide a URL or knowledge on how to configure dhcp server on a 1751 C1700-K903SY7-M ver. 12.3(13)? More specifically the IP Address Pool Range. I found a document that wanted me to make a class and then (address range), but none of those commands are available.

How can I make a Pool from x.x.x.150 to x.x.x.199 without having to exclude all the rest? When I do a show ip dhcp pool 0, it displays at the bottom, "IP address x.x.x.x" and then right next to it, "range" and is blank.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Correct, that is how the DHCP works in IOS.

You can specify a range to take away from you pool.

Think of the DHCP pool as a pie and when you exclude addresses you're eating a piece of that pie. Ie you don't bake half a pie.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Mark Yeates
Level 7
Level 7

Sandman,

Here is an example of a router acting as a DHCP server. Please remember that you have to exclude IP addresses that you don't want to lease out.

ip dhcp pool example

import all

network 192.168.1.0 255.255.255.0

dns-server 1.2.3.4

default-router 192.168.1.1

ip dhcp excluded-address 192.168.1.1 192.168.1.149

ip dhcp excluded-address 192.168.1.200 192.168.1.254

HTH,

Mark

That's what I've got now, except different scheme ofcourse. Is there no other way, though, to specify the range of ip's you want in the dhcp pool other than just enabling dhcp and excluding what you don't want in dhcp?

Correct, that is how the DHCP works in IOS.

You can specify a range to take away from you pool.

Think of the DHCP pool as a pie and when you exclude addresses you're eating a piece of that pie. Ie you don't bake half a pie.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco