How to migrate a link from non cisco router to cisco router

Unanswered Question
May 21st, 2008

hello all , i have a cisco nd another one is non cisco router , non cisco router have an ISP Link . and we want to migrate that ISP link on cisco router. and incase cisco router goes down , so can i migrate that ISP link on Realtime Router again with minimum Downtime, please suggest me , and if be possible can anyone provide my the mail address so i can give the better clarification on this , as it is very urgent for me .

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
ohassairi Thu, 05/22/2008 - 00:37

just configure the cisco router as it must be configured, connect it to your ISP and to your LAN and keep the non cisco router in the same rack.

in case cisco fails, replace it with the old rtr.

atul.trivedi12 Thu, 05/22/2008 - 19:17

Thax for update, i am attaching the diagram , i want to shift VSNL ISP link on cisco which is presently terminated on realtime router ,and want to shift 768 Kbps voice link on Realtime Router which is presently terminated on CIsco router , incase my cisco router goes down then can i migrate one ISP link on REaltime and can maintain our data connectivity with the minimum downtime , please suggest ,

Attachment: 
ohassairi Sat, 05/24/2008 - 21:57

after the migration, you will find your cisco rtr connected to 2 ISP.

but if the cisco rtr fails, you will loose internet connectivity.

that's why, i recommand you duplicate your cisco rtr and you can use HSRP feature to insure automatic failover :when one rtr goes down, or its internet connection goes down, you will be redirected automatically to the second rtr. so internet connection will be more garanted.

hope this help

atul.trivedi12 Sun, 05/25/2008 - 19:45

hello , I know , but Question was that if i am not using my second Cisco router nd having only one cisco and one Realtime router , so in case Cisco router Fails ,Is it possible to migrate my one ISP link on Realtime Router with minimum Downtime , can i have some Backup config on Realtime.

Actions

This Discussion