Studying for BCMSN 642-812 in two (2) weeks

Unanswered Question
May 22nd, 2008

i'm about to write my BSCI. I then plan to go on leave from work for two weeks so that I can study for the BCMSN exam. I've started arranging study books for Switching exam.

Now my question is "Is two weeks enough for me to prepare for the BCMSN exam?" I'll be preparing for the exam through 'SELF STUDY'. I'm planning to put myself in a self designed Bootcamp for two weeks (14 days)then write the exam the next week.

For CBTs I plan to use CBTs nuggets,Train signal and Video mentor.

For books i plan to use the CCNP curriculum, Cisco press books and other books and do as many labs as I can manage. I will trim the number of books before I start the Boot camp so that I dont waste time.

If any one has tried this method before or has any advice, i will really appreciate it. Thanking you in advance.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
suelange Fri, 05/23/2008 - 06:24

hard to say, everyone's study methods are different. If you can learn by this "immersion" method, then I don't see why it wouldn't work. If you have enough experience with switches already and had no difficulty comprehending the material about switching for the ICND part of CCNA, then it shouldn't be too hard to master. I am not familiar with the materials you listed. I've always used CiscoPress combined with ChrisBryant but your method seems just as viable. Get lots of lab time, whatever you do.

I wish I could take two weeks to 'push' the final bits of info into my brain for BSCI. Good luck!

steven2000 Sat, 05/24/2008 - 09:51

thanks suelange for your advice.i want to complete my CCNP cert by December this year so that I may study CCSP next year.

I didnt have alot of problems with switches during my CCNA (I wrote the 801 last year)so I hope it will be the same with BCMSN. I'l try to see if I'l manage to get the stuff at my finger tips in those two weeks before writing the exam.

I'm about to write my BSCI exam so I understand the pressure you are going through. Good luck in your BSCI exam.

Actions

This Discussion