cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Routing issue with CSS 11503

secretariat
Level 1
Level 1

The senerio contains a PIX 515 E firewall,4507R Chassis switch and a CSS 11503. The servers in inside zone of the PIX is load balanced using a vip with default route specified in the CSS is the inside zone interface IP of the PIX

Now I would like to load balance the servers in the DMZ zone of the PIX with a separate vip(from DMZ zone) in the same CSS. Since the default route in CSS is towards the inside zone of the PIX, I am unable to see the load blanced pages from dmz. Is there any solution to load balance the servers of the 2 zones with 2 different vip's using a single css ?

1 Reply 1

jsivulka
Level 5
Level 5

The default behavior is to use the calling device's CSS for the redirected calls. In your case it sounds like you want to use the redirecting device's CSS. I haven't tried this myself but I believe you will need to change the following registry entry on your PGs. You will want to use option 2 (ROUTEADDRESS_SEARCH_SPACE).

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cisco

Systems,Inc.\ICM\IPCCL\PG1B\PG\CurrentVersion\JGWS\jgw1\JGWData\Dynamic

"UseRouteAddressSearchSpace"=dword:00000000

- Used to control behavior on CTI Route Points for Route Selects.

UseRouteAddressSearchSpace can be to set 0, 1, or 2 where :

DEFAULT_SEARCH_SPACE = 0

CALLINGADDRESS_SEARCH_SPACE = 1

ROUTEADDRESS_SEARCH_SPACE = 2

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: