cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 5.X Partnered with Apple messaging server

hwilms5575
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone have info on Partnering a Unity 5.X server with Apple messaging? are there any plans to be able to partner with Apple's Calendar server

Thanks

3 Replies 3

Tray Stoutmeyer
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is not a supported configuration nor do I think it will be in the future. Domino and Exchange are the only messaging services Unity will partner with.

Tray

Agreed on that it is not supported, just wanted to know if anyone heard of future plans for Cisco to move in that direction, or may have tried something in a lab environment.

Thanks

I also said chances are it wont' be supported in the future. I haven't heard of this being thought of at all. You could try it in the lab and we could too but chances are, since we have no tools to partner with Apple at this time, it won't work. Our tools ie) Message Store Configuration Wizard and Permissions Wizard are specifically designed with Domino and Exchange and Active Directory in mind. I don't think this would work in the lab at all since these tools do not take into account any rights and or permissions that would be required to work with Apple Messaging.

Tray

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: