cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN Remote Client Unable to Ping network Devices

hill.kevin
Level 1
Level 1

I have an ASA 5505 setup for VPN remote access. I have 3 users setup the same. Two users are able to get in and view devices on the network. The third user is able to connect to the router but cannot ping anything on the inside. Any ideas?

7 Replies 7

andrew.prince
Level 10
Level 10

Kevin,

Have you allocated enough IP address in the Pool?

Have you allowed "split-tunneling"? if so - the remote users network may be the same as the internal?

When that user is connected, can you connect to them?

Have you tried using that users credentials and tested remotely?

HTH.

I have been able to log on with that users credentials. I have noticed that, even with my credentials, there are some locations that allow me to log on but not allow access to the internal network. Could it be restrictions from equipment at the remote locations?

Kevin

Kevin,

It is more likley that the IP address you are coming from has the recstrictions associated. I would suggest you get into contact with the teams that manage those devices and ask them the question of they are blocking?

HTH.

Can you tell me what kinds of things they might be blocking that would cause this issue?

Kevin

jcarrillo6
Level 1
Level 1

One possibility could be that the user has a multihomed nic. Make sure he only has one IP address on the cleint machine. if there are other IP addresses on a different network, the proxy addresses will not match.

These are standard laptop computers. Can these be multihomed?

Kevin

Any machine running windows XP can be multihomed if not running DHCP. You can email me directly if you want help troubleshooting your config: jcarrillo@colosecure.com

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: