NAC Question

Unanswered Question
May 22nd, 2008
User Badges:

Looking for help in determining what I need for a NAC solution. If I want to get a NAC 3350 security appliance, what else do I need. I seems to me that I need a Clean Access Manager, Clean access server license, Clean access manager license, and licenses for end users depending on the number.

Am I correct in what I need for an out-of -band implementation?

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)

You are correct. At a minimum

1 CAM Appliance

1 CAM Software License

1 CAS Appliance

1 CAS Software License, Licensed for number of users you will anticipate.

If you want/need High Availability, you will need to get CAS/CAM licenses for failover and double your CAM Appliance count to 2 and double the number of CAS appliances you will use.

You only need one CAM for 20 CAS (40 for the Super Manager). CAS comes in 1500, 2500 and 3500 users steps.

Look here for a quick comparison:


This Discussion