Take BCSI at Cisco Live

Unanswered Question
May 22nd, 2008

I'm attending Cisco Live this year, and the registration comes with a free exam. I got my CCNA in January, but I'm not ready for any CCNP tests yet. I've been reading BCSI material from Chris Bryant and the Cisco Press Self-study guide. I don't think that I could pass the BCSI test, but I'm wondering if it would be worth taking it since it's included in my conf package even if I know that I'll fail miserably. Does anyone think it's worth taking at least to get a look at the exam for the next time I take it?

Thanks! Bobby

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 3.3 (5 ratings)
sirdudesly Thu, 05/22/2008 - 06:18

you can cram, and take your best shot. It should at least give you an idea on what you need to focus on.

suelange Fri, 05/23/2008 - 06:19

Bobby

I did the same thing last year. I had not had time to read all the materials but I took the test anyway. I was close, but not close enough. I've since let another year slip away due to time contraints and personal complications. I keep plugging though.

Study as hard as you can and make your best effort. You will learn something in the process, and you might pass too!

Good luck!

santiago.enciso Tue, 05/27/2008 - 09:06

I recommend you to take the exman but consider this All subjects have the same probability to appear at any exman, since they are generated on demand in a random fashion (from over 3000 questions). Dont go for your final exam with out reading at least twice the whole material and if you dont feel confident go over and over again in the items you should read more.

Good luck.

Santiago E

joaquin48 Fri, 09/26/2008 - 06:53

In my personal experience, is cheaper to take the test at anytime, see it for yourself, and then see what area you are weaker, prepare for the whole test, and take it again

It is $150 for the first test, say @100 in books and q&a, and $150 more for the second exam, so, it is $400

The cheapest course will be around $2500,

Joaquin

Actions

This Discussion