cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Phones with Licence and DLUs

sunil_almeida
Level 1
Level 1

We are deploying Cisco Call Unified Manager 6.1, the vendor has quoted for DLUs as well as IP Phones with user Licences.

I thought when you buy an IP phone with user licence, the licence can be converted to DLU.

Can anyone shed some light on 6.1 licensing ?

Thanks

Neal

5 Replies 5

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

Thats not needed. Only DLUs are required for the phones. For servers you will need node licenses. End phone licenses are with traditional 4.x licensing.

Sankar

PS: please remember to rate posts!

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

Also, here is a link.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6788/vcallcon/ps556/ps6164/prod_qas0900aecd805009fc_ps556_Products_Q_and_A_Item.html

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

This is a valuable post. I just have a follow-up query on IP phone licenses.

I'm fairly new to CallManager and we plan to test a simple set-up here in the office. I will buy a 2811 router with enough memory to run CM Express. Since I already have SMARTNET, I plan to just download the CM Express IOS from Cisco website and purchase a couple of 7960 phones.

Does the IOS already include licenses for IP phones? Or do I need to purchase this extra? If I purchase a license 7960 phone, do I need to get a similar one for the IOS?

Thanks for the help.

Hi Robert,

Prerequisites for Configuring Cisco Unified CME

Base Cisco Unified CME feature license and phone user licenses that entitle you to use Cisco Unified CME are **purchased.

From this newer CME doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps4625/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a00807f6fad.html#wp1017478

Hope this helps!

Rob

Thanks Rob, this PDF answers most of my questions.

It just surprises me that the issue about requiring a license wasn't brought up in most Cisco hand-outs.