cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CiscoWorks Net Config problem with device display

zeu7
Level 1
Level 1

Am having problems with setting up new jobs in CiscoWorks's Net Config (under RME). After selecting the device category, I move on to select the devices.

I created a custom view of specific devices, and altough the group displays, wheni click on it, i dont get a device listing.

Also, when i click on "All devices" it shows me that "no entries found"

However, under Inventory > List devices, all the devices i require are listed as managed.

How do i correct this problem

9 Replies 9

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Is this server integrated with ACS?

No its not.

Its running on a plain Windows 2000 member server. Theres nothing else running on it.

We dont have ACS deployed on our network

Please post the output of the pdshow command, the exact version of RME, and a screenshot illustrating the problem.

Attached is the output of the pdshow as well as captured screenshots of the problem

the version of RME running is 3.5

Ah, RME 3.5. Try restarting DIServer and IcServer. There is a known bug where they can lock tables in the database preventing device lists from being displayed.

Note: RME 3.5 will become end of support at the end of June of this year. You should seriously consider upgrading to LMS 2.6 or 3.0.

Restarted both services, still no joy. I get the same result

Try restarting all of dmgtd. If that does not work, post the logs under NMSROOT\lib\jrun\jsm-cw2000\logs.

Here are the logs

According to this, you have a problem with your RME database. You need to reinitialize your RME database, or restore it from a known good backup. The command to reinitialize is:

NMSROOT\bin\perl NMSROOT\bin\dbRestoreOrig.pl dsn=rme dmprefix=Essentials

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: