cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WCS 5.0.56.0 - Where is AP-Groups VLAN feature?

dbuttry
Level 1
Level 1

I have 4 AP Groups (WLC: WLANs/Advanced/AP Groups VLAN) setup to limit what SSIDs each AP serves. These all show up as mismatches in WCS. I cant find any template available to configure these in WCS nor can I "Refresh Controller Values" to fix it. Any ideas? Is this a feature they forgot in WCS?

Versions: WCS:5.0.56.0 & WLC:5.0.148.0

5 Replies 5

jeromehenry_2
Level 3
Level 3

Yes, that's strange. You can configure an AP template so that APs a re part of the AP group VLAN, but the group itself doesn't show anymore in the controller templates. You can still configure it on each controller individually.

When auditing a controller (config controllers, select the one to audit -> audit now / Go), I can still see refresh controller values or restore WCS values..

hth

J

krengasw
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

In WCS,there is no template option available to configure AP group vlan.But you can configure via WCS:

1)GO TO configure>controllers.click controller name link.

2)CLICK WLAN on left hand side.YOU WILL FIND AP group vlan.

3)Now configure AP group vlan-by adding group and select ssid want to serve for each vlan.

This will save directly to wlc.

I hope this will resolve your problem.

Thanks

Kannan

Hey folks,

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't AP Groups VLAN simply re-map the interface of the SSID from the defualt interface definition under the WLAN? I don't believe it restricts what SSIDs/WLANs are advertized by the Access Point - this has to be performed at the AP or via an AP Template. Is this a new feature of APG in 5.0?

Thanks for any clarification,

--Bruce Johnsom

You are right Bruce, the issue described in this thread is a combination of WLAN override, to decide which SSID is advertized by an AP, and AP group VLAN, to decide which interface / which VLAN tag traffic comming from a given SSID on a given AP will receive...

Thanks Jerome,

Oh well. It would be nice to have WLAN override avaialble in a named-group function. Glad I wasn't missing out anyway.

Regards,

--Bruce Johnson

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card