cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SIP Trunk

columoconnor
Level 1
Level 1

I am doing a CUCM 6.1 install with 2821 voice gateway...instead of PRI we will be getting SIP trunk delivered over MPLS from global crossing...does anyone have any info on configuring SIP trunks over MPLS

thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

G711 is the only available codec on SIP trunk until CM 7.0 due this fall. You should be able to use transcoders on the IPIP GW if you need to send the call as G729 to the privider.

Chris

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

One the 2821 you will need to run the CUBE feature, aka ip-to-ip GW, go over the admin guide and I think most cases are covered in there.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

Hi

thanks for the help...we actually did a SIP trunk to the call manager 6.1..the codec on the SIP trunk is 711 and is greyed out...cant change it....can I use 729 or any other codec

thanks

Colum

G711 is the only available codec on SIP trunk until CM 7.0 due this fall. You should be able to use transcoders on the IPIP GW if you need to send the call as G729 to the privider.

Chris

thanks Chris

cant you use G729 via the region setting?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: