Views
Helpful
Replies

IPS Signature Dynamic Update

jgary
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I need to know what type of privilege I need to use IPS Signature Dynamic Update.

Thank

3 Replies 3

Farrukh Haroon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Since the IPS dynamic update is accessed from the Admin tab, only the accounts having Admin privilege can change/modify the dynamic update settings, Here is a description of the various user roles in CS-MARS (taken directly from the user guide):

•Admin: has full use of the MARS.

•Notification Only: for a non-user of the MARS appliance, use this to send alerts to people who are not administrators, security analysts, or operators.

•Operator: has read-only privileges.

•Security Analyst: has full use of the MARS, except cannot access the Admin tab

Hope this helps

Thank for you answer, but I mean the user privilege necessary in CCO to download the IPS Update.

Thank you

Oh you mean that :)

For signature updates you need the Cisco Services for IPS, please find more information on the following link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6076/serv_group_home.html

You can find the Data Sheet,Q&A and a presentation on that link.

Once you get the service contract to your CCO, MARS can connect direct to the Cisco website to upload the latest signature updates. (The IPS sensors need to be updated separately).

Regards

Farrukh

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: