cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to program wait / pause in speed dial - Cisco 7961?

Musicgold
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I just received a new Cisco 7961 phone instrument, and trying to program speed dials on the phone. However, I am not able to find any info on ways to add a pause or wait in a long number.

For example, if I need to program a client's number + extension, I want to have a pause after dialing the main line number, before I dial the extension.

Any idea how I can do that?

Thanks,

MG.

6 Replies 6

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

that's not possible, CUCM is not able to insert pauses in the dialed string. you will need to do it in a 2 step process, dial, wait and then type the extension

HTH

javalenc

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

Thanks.

So the phone basically sucks! I call 10-15 of my clients everyday, and I have to keep looking back and forth at the computer screen and phone for those extension numbers. My blackberry allows storing long numbers with pauses and waits.

Is there any workaround?

it's not a phone issue, the CUCM route patterns do not have the ability to add a pause to calls

you can go thru the help and you will see that you can use * and numerals in there along with wildcards, but none of them stands for a pause

HTH

javalenc

HTH

java

If you have a blackberry, you probably have Outlook. If you have Outlook, you can load the TSP drivers on your machine and connect directly to the CallManager server to dial the numbers you choose.

In Outlook, you have a contact, click on it and it will start to dial on your phone automatically. When you need to input the extension, input it on the phone.

If you want to go even fancier, get Presence or IP Communicator. With Either, the phone dial pad is on the computer screen and you can use your numeric pad on your keyboard or mouse to enter in the extensions. Even copy and paste numbers into the application for it dial for you.

Pauses do stink, but that is the reality of it.

tcatlinins,

Thanks.

Could you please point me to a source where I can get info about loading TSP driver and connecting to the callmanager server?

MG.

Check out this free program. Works pretty good, almost better than the TSP drivers on the machine I have found.

http://www.netelligent.com/products/dialer/default.aspx

I have to dig around and find the TSP info for Outlook.

If you log into CallManager, (depending on versions) you can go to "pluggins" and download the TSP application for Outlook

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: