cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Video Portal and blinking dots?

Blindf8th
Level 1
Level 1

I've tried and tested everything I know to and whenever I publish content in DMM it does come up in the video portal. Instead what I see is dots that repeatingly blink in sequence as if the video is unavailable.

When I launch the DMM and reference the test option and launch the portal through the DMM link it seems to work just fine.

I have a deadline to meet by next week and have beat this to death with things that I know. Any direction or assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Blindf8th

3 Replies 3

smalkeric
Level 6
Level 6

To schedule the content for DMP playback, you will need to useDMM-DSM under PUBLISHER->scheduler

Now click on the Publisher tab and select the Scheduler option to launch your DMM scheduler tool.

a. The DMM will automatically show your default ACNS channel for your signage content.

b. From the Applications drop down list, select your Digital Signage media play lists.

c. From the DMP Groups select the DMP group you would like to play your Digital Signage play list on.

d. Select how often you would like the play lists (or other Digital Signage content) to play.

e. Finally, select your "from" time and "to" time for the content to display on your DMPs.

f. Click on the Add Task button to add your created schedule to your Digital Signage schedule.

g. Repeat for additional Digital Signage content as desired.

h. Click on the Save button to save your schedule.

i. Once you have built and saved your schedule, click on the Publish button to generate your play list and manifest files for your DMPs and CDM.

smalkeric,

First thanks a million for the response. Still somewhat new with the whole DMS solution, but finding assistance on things seems next to impossible at times.

That said maybe I'm confusing things. We currently are not utilizing any DMPs (I'm assuming digital media players). My issue is strictly regarding the ability for me to deploy content thats viewed through the portal (dot issue).

The thing is I have been using this for a while now (testing) and it has never had an issue. I just get those blinking dots when trying to launch the submitted video when its launched from the programs list.

Does that make sense?

Blindf8th

HMMM I am assuming the blinking dot is in the video window. Correct? Is it like a cursor period blinking?

What media type are you using? Windows? Flash? Real?

Does this occur with all media types?

Where is your media located. You should not be streaming media from the DMM even though it allows you to do that. The actual files should be streaming from the appropriate streaming server or flash server. Have you tried that?

I checked the "known bugs and issues and didn't see any reference to this or anything similar.

Got to be something in how the file is set up in the DMM or either in the file's codec.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: