cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WAAS Prepositioning Questions

Darren Sasso
Level 1
Level 1

I have WAAS setup and i'm able to view the cifs shares but when i configure a preposition directive the status says it copied and is successful but 0 bytes have been copied.

The file servers sits at the same location as the core cluster and i've assigned the edge devices to do the caching. The status is below. The cifs directory i'm trying to preposition has about 50 mbs of data.

Is that normal or are there some additional tests i can run to verify the config?

wae-gresham Thu May 22 13:31:20 MST 2008 1.66655 [min] 0.0 [bytes] Completed Finished successfully

2 Replies 2

dstolt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Darren,

Ensure your username has at least read-only permissions for the directory and file listing on your directories.

Do you know if the files that you are attempting to preposition are already cached locally? Is the edge currently serving CIFS content from the cache successfully?

Also, I would check the following settings:

Total Size as % of Cache Volume: Ensure that the cache % is large enough for your files.

Max/Min File Size: Set to value so your files are covered.

Duration: Set to several hours as a test...

Type: Try "All Files"

Include Sub Directory: Check the box unless you don't want to traverse the directories.

If that all checks out and the files are still not prepositioned, we can look at the logs as well (both WAE and Origin Server).

Thanks,

Dan

Hi Dan,

I'll verify the permissions. but my NT guys said the service account has full access.

Total Size = Already verified ok

Max/Min File Size = Already verified ok

Duration = I set it to 15 minutes and it said it completed successfully in like 2 minutes

Type: I'll try all files tomorrow

Do i have to set something specail up to get the logs?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: