Who to complain to at Cisco?

Unanswered Question
May 22nd, 2008

I sat my CCIE written 350-001 exam today and I was shocked by the poor grammer, missing words and sentences that simply didn't make sense. It may sound like sour grapes because I failed, but really when you pay £200 the least I would expect is that Cisco proof read the questions so the sentences made English sense. I'm not pretending I failed because of these issues but I certainly felt robbed of £200 when i think how little effort Cisco appear to have put into their "premier" certification.

Don't even get me started on all the trick questions and ambigous questions I have come to expect passing 8 different cisco exams in the last few years including the 350-001 two years ago.

So who is in control of quality and how do I contact them?

I have this problem too.
1 vote
Overall Rating: 3.7 (5 ratings)
jim_berlow Thu, 05/22/2008 - 14:30

Contact Cisco Certification Support online at:

OR contact a Customer Support Agent: Monday through Friday from 5:00am to 5:00pm Pacific Time at 1-800-829-6387 (US/Canada) or 1 (408)-902-5200 (International).

Hope that helps you get a favorable resolution to the matter,

suelange Fri, 05/23/2008 - 06:16

Go get 'em! This is inexcusable.

I had the same experience even with the CCNA tests. Questions that didn't make sense even in context of the possible answer choices; broken English... No telling what the people who aren't using English as their first language think of this, but for those fortunate enough to take the test in their own language I hope their translation is better than ours.

I had one question on my first sitting of the ICND (it was one test at the time) in which the network numbers in the diagram did not match up to the numbers in the answers. It was something like 192.168.1.x all over the diagram and the answer offerings were all 193.168.1.x. A simple typo but still, pathetic.

You call them into account for this and don't let go until you get to the top and they do something about it. There is no shame that you failed, but there is tons of shame that they can't be bothered to do a decent proofing job.

I wonder, if the test creators had been engineers (which they are certifying us to become), would this "close enough is good enough" attitude be acceptable to their employers? I seriously doubt it.

We deserve better.

MARK HOLLOWAY Fri, 05/23/2008 - 21:52

I'm not surprised. The Cisco Press books are just as bad. Nobody at Cisco or Cisco Press cares.

Wilson Samuel Tue, 05/27/2008 - 06:25

I wish that I had seen atleast a single question which was grammatically incorrect and/or technically incorrect in my last 7 years walk with Cisco Certifications .

Ofcourse once when I was taking RnS SE/FE (now they have changed the track a bit) I found that one entire section on the exam was coming out of the Blue Print and made me flunk 3 times as the exam was adaptive. But once I pointed out, Cisco gladly reiumbersed it by a voucher. So equation solved.

Even I have thought in the past that Cisco has misprinted or technically incorrect questions, but after going through 3 times in Cisco 350-001 I can certainly say that questions are Trickier and Not Technically or Grammatically Incorrect as they may look in first look. I say this with utter confidence because I have taken 350-001 3 Long Times with my own money.

I say this because, it will be unwise and discouraging to focus on techincal / grammitcal issues in an exam rather than the answers.

All the best friend!!

This Discussion