cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Webcache Ignore command

KevinBoyle
Level 1
Level 1

We are in the middle of replacing a BlueCoat device with a WSA and we need to replicate some configuration options on the IronPort. The main thing is to add some sites to the device so that they are not cached. I have found the 'webcache ignore' command in the documentation but it's not clear whether I should be using the Domains or URLs option, and what format to use for the lists. For example, I want anything on the subnet 172.15.0.0/16 to be ignored - how do I go about this?

3 Replies 3

Doc_ironport
Level 1
Level 1

The "webcache ignore" command takes either a domain name or a URL (which can include regex syntax).

You can't specify an IP range, unless what you're trying to do is to cover the can when users just directly enter an IP into the address, in which case you can do this as a regex in the URL option.

KevinBoyle
Level 1
Level 1

Doc, thanks for the info. If I can't use a range of IP addresses in the webcache command, what is the best way of getting the WSA to ignore caching for all local hosts? Also, we have a number of external hosts that are accessed via a particular network connection, rather than our general Internet connection. Is the best way of dealing with this to set up a specific route for them on the WSA, or is there a better way of doing this?

khoanguy
Level 1
Level 1

To ignore caching for localhost why not use the router and create an ACL to not redirect internal destination servers to be redirected to the Ironport? You can use 'ip wccp web-cache redirect-list'.

Specific routes would be best configured for the external hosts under 'Network > Routes'.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: