Views
Helpful
Replies

Mirroring CoS1 traffic in a MPLS enabled 6500

abhishek2525
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have all classes of service flowing through a cat6k into my core router. MPLS is enabled on the cat6k also. The uplink port used is a 10G.

Now for i need to connect a monitoring device on the cat6k which supports 1G only. I need to mirror the CoS1 traffic EXP5 on to a port where the monitoring probe would connect.

How can i achieve this?

5 Replies 5

n.nandrekar
Level 4
Level 4

hi!

Can you give more details on the kind of cards where you want to capture ( the 10G and 1 G ones?) Want to know if they are WAN cards or Lan cards.

If the 10G is a WAN card, You can use VACL capture to filter the exact traffic :

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk389/tk814/technologies_configuration_example09186a00808122ac.shtml

In case both are LAN cards, u could use SPAN to capture ( monitor session xx....)

Regards,

Niranjan

I am talking about MPLS labeled packets. Does VACL or span help you filter out labeled packets? I need to filter out only the EXP 5 packets.

VACL might be able to filter the exact packets. Am not 100% sure and have to check the configuration. SPAN wont be able to filter them directly.

But in any case, you can recieve all the packets and set a filter on the capture software like ethereal. wont that serve the purpose?

Regards,

Niranjan

Does VACL help you to filter labeled packets? If i want to filter packets that are marked as EXP 5?

VACL ises a regular ip acl for its filtering condition. Since you cannot filter packets based on exp in a regular ACL, ihat might not be possible for VACL too.

As I am saying you can run VACL to capture all packets and on the capture view of your capture tool, you could run a filter to get the exp5 packets u need.

Regards,

Niranjan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: