Change protocolo from MGCP to H.323 with Gateway, CCM 4.2 and IPCC_Express

Unanswered Question

Hi everybody.

I receive a request from a customer, who has a solution Gateway, CallManager 4.2 and IPCC Express 4.0 with a protocolo MGCP.

They need to change from MGCP to H.323, I know how to make the changes on the gateway and the callmanager, but I do not have it clear on IPCC_Express about The Route Point configured on the CallManager,these number trigger the applications on IPCC_Express.

About this issue when the call reach the callmanager and the number math a Route Point, the callmanager is going to give of the call to IPCC Express in the way that works with the MGCP protocol?

Which considerations should you consider in the change to h.323 with IPCC Express?

Any help will be very apreciated.

Regards

Walter

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
rbua Thu, 05/22/2008 - 23:17

Hi Walter,

the protocol changes will not have an impact on the IPCCX side, it uses a different protocol and libraries, JTAPI/QBE.

Regards,

Riccardo

Zin.Karzazi Thu, 05/22/2008 - 23:18

The MGCP/H323 Gateway protocols interacts only with your Cisco Callmanager not with your IPCC Express. So if you are migrating from MGCP to H323 you should only worry about getting Calls inbound and outbound to function properly, for example: the CSS of your H323 Gateways should include the partition where yout Route Point are in. The Difference between the two protocols being that MGCP is a client server model, while H323 follows a peer-to-peer model, so you are just giving more intelligence to your Gateway when using H323. Everything else remain the same.

HTH

Karzazi

Actions

This Discussion