Views
Helpful
Replies

876 Router Advice

rasoftware
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I need to get a router ordered from the UK to work with ADSL over ISDN in Europe.

I'm a little confused on which one I need, I thought it was CISCO876-SEC-K9 which comes with IP PLUS (is this the same as Adv Sec which comes with the 877?). Also there appears to be another IOS with model CISCO876-SEC-IK9 - not sure what the difference is.

I just need basic firewall/NAT/IPSec and ADSL over ISDN capability.

Never used adsl over isdn so this is a first for me!

4 Replies 4

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It's the same hardware with different software. Usually the most economical works fine for most application and you always upgrade later.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

Hi, am trying to work out the difference between the ik9 and k9? It describes the software as IOS Plus ISDN. Can I assume i will be ok with the k9 IOS Plus and the other is some advanced isdn backup software release? Reseller doesn;t seem to know!

Hi, working with cisco part number is quite complicated as you need access to the full price list that is not available to the public.

Suggest you follow my recommendation, get the cheapest version and a smartnet contract for it, that way you will be technically able to upgrade as needed, then look into the licensing requirements together with a knowledgeable cisco partner.

Vendor finally came back. the ik9 has ISDN backup capability.

As suggested the base one should do for me.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card