CCNA to CCNP

Unanswered Question
May 23rd, 2008

Hi,

Just need some info. I got an opportunity to get certified in CCNP, but have not done CCNA yet. I am very familiar with CCNA but have not done the exams yet. Can I get certified in CCNP without a CCNA certificate?

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
nicklauscombs Fri, 05/23/2008 - 04:57

you can take the exams but you wont be certified CCNP until you get your CCNA

aditya_sriram Mon, 05/26/2008 - 06:23

hi

pls go in a step by step procuder fist get certifed for ccna and go to ccnp. you said that your are good at ccna pls go for certification it will give you a good carrer path also

peterdimas Mon, 05/26/2008 - 11:55

Though you don't need your CCNA to get a CCIE, you DO need it to get your CCNP.

Peter

aditya_sriram Tue, 05/27/2008 - 06:24

hello

i said you that to go in step by step way according to me you can go for it but your certification will not be vaild evwn it is vaild you cant go for ccie

santiago.enciso Tue, 05/27/2008 - 08:57

Hello everybody, If you are good enough for CCNP then CCNA should be a piece of cake. I strongly recommend you to first certify CCNA in order to get an understanding of how the type of questions are presented in the examsn. As long as I've noticed all the exmans in the way to CCIE are not 100% different in the content, they go over and over the same time subject but with a different level of depth, thats the case of Spanning Tree it is covered in CCNA and then in BCMSN the first exam for CCNP. The same happens to OSPF it is in CCNA and BSCI too. Each exam in the way to CCIE is a new Layer of almost the same subjects but at different levels of depth.

Best.

Santiago E

cyphur353 Wed, 05/28/2008 - 04:51

Your post makes it sound like cannot attempt the CCIE without CCNA/CCNP, which is false. There are no prerequisites for the CCIE.

You can take the CCNP tests, but you will not be granted the CCNP certification until you complete the CCNA certification. If you can pass the CCNP tests, CCNA shouldn't require much effort.

santiago.enciso Wed, 05/28/2008 - 05:55

I agree with you, There are no extra requirement other than the Written CCIE. My post was a suggestion. If your only goal is to certify CCIE then you can go exam by exam y the CCNP tren to get prepared for CCIE and then go for your highest goal. Best. Santiago E

cyphur353 Wed, 05/28/2008 - 06:43

Santiago - I'm sorry if it appeared like I was responding to your post. I was in fact responding to aditya_sriram.

Actions

This Discussion