Views
Helpful
Replies

Night service CME 4.X

craig.corbett
Level 2
Level 2

Hi,

I have configured night service, and also the code to toggle night services on and off. Basically I'm trying to test the night services, so I toggle the night service to on and a message appears on the phones that has been assigned to night service. When I call an extension that is a member of night services, only that one extension rings, I'm expecting all phones belonging to the night service to ring but they don't. Am I missing something? Can someone please clarify ?

Many thanks,

Craig.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Craig,

I think you may need to designate more IP Phones with the night-service bell command;

When an ephone-dn is marked for night-service treatment using the night-service bell (ephone-dn) , incoming calls that ring during the night-service time period on that ephone-dn send an alert indication to all IP phones that are marked to receive night-service bell notification using the night-service bell (ephone) command. The alert notification is in the form of a splash ring (not associated with any of the individual lines on the IP phone) and a visible display of the ephone-dn extension number.

Examples

The following example designates the IP phone that is being configured as a phone that will receive night-service bell notification when ephone-dns marked for night service receive incoming calls during a night-service period:

Router(config)# ephone 4

Router(config-ephone)# night-service bell

From this good doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/command/reference/cme_n1ht.html#wp1017495

Hope this helps!

Rob

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Craig,

I think you may need to designate more IP Phones with the night-service bell command;

When an ephone-dn is marked for night-service treatment using the night-service bell (ephone-dn) , incoming calls that ring during the night-service time period on that ephone-dn send an alert indication to all IP phones that are marked to receive night-service bell notification using the night-service bell (ephone) command. The alert notification is in the form of a splash ring (not associated with any of the individual lines on the IP phone) and a visible display of the ephone-dn extension number.

Examples

The following example designates the IP phone that is being configured as a phone that will receive night-service bell notification when ephone-dns marked for night service receive incoming calls during a night-service period:

Router(config)# ephone 4

Router(config-ephone)# night-service bell

From this good doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/command/reference/cme_n1ht.html#wp1017495

Hope this helps!

Rob

Thanks Rob!

It seems I had marked the ephone-dn's for night service, but had not marked any ephone to receive bell notification.

Thanks again,

Craig.

Hey Craig,

You are most welcome my friend! It's very easy to overlook that second part of the config :)

Take care and thanks!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: