cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SEPERATING NETWORKS TO USE DIFF ROUTES

Just Kennie
Level 1
Level 1

I have u networks on separate switches, connected to f0/0 and f0/1 of my router R1, then i have two links from different ISP connected to the f0/2 and f0/3 of my R1. I use one of the links for pry route and the other for sec as backup should in case the pry fails. Now i want to split at two link between the two subnets,each subnet traffic passing through each link (ISP).pls how will i do it without adding a router.

6 Replies 6

kerek
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

The easiest is to set up policy routing on the interfaces connected to your internal network and set the next-hop to the ISP1 for the first and set the ISP2 for the other.

Hope it helps, rate if does

Krisztian

I thin it will, which kind of policy routing. route-map,class-map,policy-map? .....explain.

Hi,

It is by configuring

ip policy route-map on interface level and then create route-map to specify the actions.

Depending on the IOS release you can combine the policy routing with object tracking.

Please take a look at this link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/iproute/configuration/guide/irp_prb_mult_track_ps6441_TSD_Products_Configuration_Guide_Chapter.html

Hope it helps, rate if does

Krisztian

Are you running BGP on R1 to your ISPs?

Victor

Thanks , i am running static routing, i wonder if policy routing will work with static routing. pls tell me what to do.

Please post the config of the dual homed router...

Victor

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card