Desktop Monitoring Issue - Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit

Unanswered Question
May 23rd, 2008

According to the Desktop Monitoring Checklist and Troubleshooting Guide, "Certain NICs are configured by default to strip VLAN tags, which does not allow Desktop Monitoring to work. These NICs have published instructions for how to manually configure them to pass VLAN tags: Intel PRO/100 and Intel PRO/1000 & Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit" which we are using the Broadcom Cards....

Does anyone know where to find these so called "instructions" on how to allow Broadcom NIC Cards to pass vlan info for Desktop Monitoring? Broadcom's web site is worthless and has no information on this.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 4 (1 ratings)
david.macias Fri, 05/23/2008 - 11:21

Check the CAD installation guide. I know it is in the CAD 7.0 guide for sure.

blcase Fri, 05/23/2008 - 12:34

Hmmm...I didn't see anything specific on Broadcom cards in the CAD 7.0 guide, and there is no information in the 6.4 install guide (which is the version of CAD we are using) - other than a test procedure to see if a certain NIC will work, but I already knew they didn't.

Reguardless, I fixed the issue by installing Network Monitor protocol in XP and turning off the XP firewall.

Thanks anyway.

andrei.goncalves Mon, 05/26/2008 - 03:42

After changing any config about your NIC card, run POSTINSTALL software and select the correct IP addr of your NIC. (then reboot the windows)

Hope it helps.

This Discussion