Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Licensing info on CRS 3.5 Express

Hi All,

Where do I look in CRS 3.5 express for the number of agents/supervisor licensing information? We are in the process of updating the total number of users for an possible upgrade to CRS 5.0.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I believe it is in CRS Administration under System > Licensing. I do not have a 3.5 system in front of me at the moment so that might not be dead on.

The main thing to understand when moving from 3.x to 5.x is that the licensing model has changed. Agents, supervisors and historical reporting each consume generic seats now; they are no longer licensed seperately. Make sure you get an upgrade license key equal the sum of your agents, supervisors, and reporting licenses in 3.5.

Lastly, the Advanced IVR Port Option which you seperately purchased in 3.x determines which edition of UCCX 5 you get: Enhanced (ENH) or Premium (PRE). The entitlement tool doesn't always figure this out correctly so be careful you get the right one. If you had purchased the Advanced IVR Port Option you should be getting UCCX 5 Premium!

View solution in original post

mudassar.khalid
Level 1
Level 1

The License test program, ChkLicenseValue.exe, is used to view information

about the license files.

Using the Test Program

Double click the executable, ChkLicenseValue.exe (located in the …DESKTOP_

CFG\Util folder) to open a command window. The command window displays the

a lot of information about your existing license.

mudasar

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I believe it is in CRS Administration under System > Licensing. I do not have a 3.5 system in front of me at the moment so that might not be dead on.

The main thing to understand when moving from 3.x to 5.x is that the licensing model has changed. Agents, supervisors and historical reporting each consume generic seats now; they are no longer licensed seperately. Make sure you get an upgrade license key equal the sum of your agents, supervisors, and reporting licenses in 3.5.

Lastly, the Advanced IVR Port Option which you seperately purchased in 3.x determines which edition of UCCX 5 you get: Enhanced (ENH) or Premium (PRE). The entitlement tool doesn't always figure this out correctly so be careful you get the right one. If you had purchased the Advanced IVR Port Option you should be getting UCCX 5 Premium!

mudassar.khalid
Level 1
Level 1

The License test program, ChkLicenseValue.exe, is used to view information

about the license files.

Using the Test Program

Double click the executable, ChkLicenseValue.exe (located in the …DESKTOP_

CFG\Util folder) to open a command window. The command window displays the

a lot of information about your existing license.

mudasar

thanks!!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: