cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 3.0 Important

ahmed_saleh
Level 1
Level 1

1-I have remote sites and main branch connection between remote sites to main branch is MPLS

2-Connection between main branch to remote sites over 2 ISP

My question

I need real time monitor with out enable GRE tunnel between main branch to remote site

If the router down in remote site from any ISP I need the router will be reed

I need this action in topology map

I don't need this action by mail or by syslog

8 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If a device becomes SNMP unreachable, then Campus will detect that on its next Data Collection or polling pass. Campus Manager is NOT a fault management application, and its map is not updated in real time.

By default, the polling interval is every two hours. Campus 5.0 and higher has a critical devices poller which runs every five minutes by default. After that update runs, you may have to manually refresh the topology map. The N-Hop portlet should update based on your refresh interval.

If you see devices not getting updated with their status, make sure that they are actually becoming SNMP unreachable when Campus runs its Data Collection or polling cycle. If so, enable frontend, framework, core, and corex debugging under Campus Manager > Admin > Debugging Options > Data Collection. Wait for a new polling cycle or Data Collection to run, then look at the ani.log for errors.

All that said, it would be better to use a more real-time fault management application like DFM, HPOV Network Node Manager, NetView, etc. to let you know when this branch site goes offline.

View solution in original post

It depends on the interface type, but in general DFM manages all interfaces by default. To confirm if your interfaces are managed, go to DFM > Device Management > Device Details, and bring up the Detailed Device View on your devices. Check to make sure the managed state of your interfaces is true. If not, set the state to true, then go to DFM > Configuration > Polling and Thresholds > Apply Changes to apply the changes.

After that, DFM will poll the interfaces to make sure they are up. If they go down, you will get an alert under DFM > Alerts and Activities > Alerts and Activities. Within the Alert you will have an OperationallyDown event pertaining to each down interface.

The Alerts and Activities Display is designed to be monitored by operators. It automatically refreshes. The polling interval is customizable, but by default, it is four minutes.

I do not understand the second question.

The AAD will show alerts for ALL devices. An alert will appear for each device having a fault. The AAD can be filtered on device type, device names, and alert IDs. DFM, unlike the rest of LMS, has limitations on the number of supported ports and interfaces. If you only wanted to manage the two serial interfaces on 1300 devices (i.e. 2600 interfaces), you could do that all with one instance of DFM.

AAD = Alerts and Activities Display

You can filter the output on the fly by clicking on the filter button at the top of the AAD screen. You can create custom filter groups by going to DFM > Configuration > Other Configurations > Alerts and Activities Defaults, and creating groups there.

AAD automatically refreshes every 30 seconds. This cannot be customized.

AAD only shows alerts. Devices which have no faults will not be shown in AAD. You can get a list of all devices DFM is managing under DFM > Device Management > Device Status. Any device in a Known state is being properly managed by DFM.

DFM monitors all devices in a Known state. If the devices are healthy (e.g. they are reachable, and have no down interfaces) then you will not see any alert for them in AAD. DFM is still managing and monitor those devices, though.

54 Replies 54

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If a device becomes SNMP unreachable, then Campus will detect that on its next Data Collection or polling pass. Campus Manager is NOT a fault management application, and its map is not updated in real time.

By default, the polling interval is every two hours. Campus 5.0 and higher has a critical devices poller which runs every five minutes by default. After that update runs, you may have to manually refresh the topology map. The N-Hop portlet should update based on your refresh interval.

If you see devices not getting updated with their status, make sure that they are actually becoming SNMP unreachable when Campus runs its Data Collection or polling cycle. If so, enable frontend, framework, core, and corex debugging under Campus Manager > Admin > Debugging Options > Data Collection. Wait for a new polling cycle or Data Collection to run, then look at the ani.log for errors.

All that said, it would be better to use a more real-time fault management application like DFM, HPOV Network Node Manager, NetView, etc. to let you know when this branch site goes offline.

1-Please can you tell me all things about uses topology map?

2-if I put all network 1300 device in critical poler and make it every 2 sec is this wrong I need advice

The criticial devices poller is designed for no more than 30 devices. You will cripple Campus if you drop the poller and add that many devices.

The main use for the Topology Map is network documentation. That is, use it for visualizing layer 2 topology, spanning-tree forwarding and blocking ports, traffic patterns (if using RMON data), and potential misconfigurations in the network.

thanks thanks

Thanks for your help

Now I need ask about if I can configure DFM to monitor 2 serial interfaces for all remote branches and make real time monitor report in screen

It depends on the interface type, but in general DFM manages all interfaces by default. To confirm if your interfaces are managed, go to DFM > Device Management > Device Details, and bring up the Detailed Device View on your devices. Check to make sure the managed state of your interfaces is true. If not, set the state to true, then go to DFM > Configuration > Polling and Thresholds > Apply Changes to apply the changes.

After that, DFM will poll the interfaces to make sure they are up. If they go down, you will get an alert under DFM > Alerts and Activities > Alerts and Activities. Within the Alert you will have an OperationallyDown event pertaining to each down interface.

I can monitor this report with out generate or refresh I mean real time monitor

And can I customize this view for 2 cloud 192.18.0.0& 192.29.0.0

The Alerts and Activities Display is designed to be monitored by operators. It automatically refreshes. The polling interval is customizable, but by default, it is four minutes.

I do not understand the second question.

I need to ask about I have 2 serial interfaces in all branches to connect for main branch one serial have 172.18.0.0 & second serial have 172.29.0.0 can I customize report real time monitor for this interfaces

The AAD will show alerts for ALL devices. An alert will appear for each device having a fault. The AAD can be filtered on device type, device names, and alert IDs. DFM, unlike the rest of LMS, has limitations on the number of supported ports and interfaces. If you only wanted to manage the two serial interfaces on 1300 devices (i.e. 2600 interfaces), you could do that all with one instance of DFM.

What do u mean about AAD and I need steps

AAD = Alerts and Activities Display

You can filter the output on the fly by clicking on the filter button at the top of the AAD screen. You can create custom filter groups by going to DFM > Configuration > Other Configurations > Alerts and Activities Defaults, and creating groups there.

I will tray and I will come back for you thanks

Dear sir if I need customize this report Alerts and Activities Display to be refreshing every 30 sec not refresh after 4 mints please tell me the steps

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco