cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

possible routing loop?

rekdal163
Level 1
Level 1

i get these messages from our edge wae device, they have various host ip's not sure what to make of it. there is no routing loop unless waas/wae is doing something that i am not aware of to cause that to happen. wae is in a seperate net from the users and the router. we are running 4.0.17 and wccpV2, the prepositioning and and cifs functions seem to be performing as advertised, print services are being phased out and moved back to core as we cannot seem to find a good driver set for the various printers at the site, but it seems unlikely that would be the issue anyway.

any ideas appreciated.

Message #1: [2008-05-23 15:27:10,101][ WARN] - Host 172.84.12.245:139 was not discovered, bypass period: 0 sec, number of events: 76, reason: possible routing loop

Randy

3 Replies 3

Is this host 172.84.12.245 in the branch? and any client from Data center (Where Core WAE)tries to connect to this local server, you will see this error message.

172.84.12.245 is indeed a branch host pc, is there a way to make this stop or is it just telling me that an unregistered server at the core is talking to a client at the branch ?

Thanks

RR

The only way I can think of is create a policy with that IP and port 139 and 445 and configure full optimization and place it on top of CIFS policy.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: