Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem configuration Framing CRC4 in Interface E1

wilsonsant
Level 6
Level 6

Hi Guys,

My Customer have a solution IP Telephony. The Customer is working with MGCP in CallManager Version 5.1. The carrier set Framing for CRC4, but when I set CRC4 and Gateway and CCM the E1 was down, but when I set framing for no-crc4 the E1 was up and generate Slip Erros. Anyboldy any Idea what is occuring?

Thank You,

Wilson

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi friend,

As Paolo said, slips errors may be due to lack of network-clock-participate and network-clock-select commands.

Now that you check with your Telco that framing is no-crc4, now check if you have network-clock-select and network-clock-participate in your configuration.

If not, please configure under global configuration mode:

Router(config)# network-clock-participate wic 0

Router(config)# network-clock-select 1 E1 0/0/0

Regards,

- adrián.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

So you need no-crc4. Slips may be due to lack of network-clock-participate and network-clock-select.

Hi Bevilacqua,

I will go verify with the carrier if they can configure no-crc4 in the the backbone.

Thank You,

Wilson

Perhaps they did without realizing. Just set the network-clock commands correctly because you will need them anyway. crc or no crc doesn't really makes any difference to a circuit.

Hi Bevilacqua,

I Confirm again with carrier and They informed to me that is configured frame with no-crc4, but, the problem continue. The E1 is configurate as:

voice class codec 1

codec preference 1 g711alaw

codec preference 2 g729r8

codec preference 3 g729br8

!

controller E1 0/0/0

framing NO-CRC4

pri-group timeslots 1-31 service mgcp

description conexao link CTBC 35120200 (100 RAMAIS)

!

I believe that the configuration is correct, wright? or there are another parameter to be configured in E1?

Thank You,

Wilson

Hi friend,

As Paolo said, slips errors may be due to lack of network-clock-participate and network-clock-select commands.

Now that you check with your Telco that framing is no-crc4, now check if you have network-clock-select and network-clock-participate in your configuration.

If not, please configure under global configuration mode:

Router(config)# network-clock-participate wic 0

Router(config)# network-clock-select 1 E1 0/0/0

Regards,

- adrián.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: