cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Multiple Protocol Type E1 Callmanager 6.1(1)

s.kho
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I will have a Callmanager 6.1(1) voice gateway connecting to two traditional PBXs over E1s using MGCP. One of the E1 will be configured as QSIG, and the other one as Net-5. Is this possible? What switch type will I configure on the global configuration?

Thanks

6 Replies 6

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Yes, it's possible. CCM supports both switch types.

Thanks for the response.

As the single gateway will be connecting to two PABXs, each with different protocol type, QSIG and Net-5.

Which protocol type do I configure on the global config, QSIG or Net-5?

I assume that I would be able to configure the first E1 as QSIG and the other E1 as Net-5 on the Callamanager 6.1?

Thanks

Hi,

CCM provides only global config for ISDN Switch type. You need to specify different switch-type on both isdn interfaces on the router manually which will override the global switch-type configuration pushed by the ccm to gw.

thanks,

inner_silence

Hi, with MGCP the switch type configured on the GW doesn't matter, you configure the proper type in the CCM.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

Hi,

In case different switch-types are required on same MGCP GW, we can configure no ccm-config and configure different switch-types on idn interfaces manually.

Thanks,

inner_silence

With MGCP, it doesn't matter what switchtype is configured. All is controlled by the sofwswitch.

In reality, being qsig a pri derivate (net5 being the reference), it really doesn't matter what is set, as long CCM know how to use specific qsig stuff that can be present on a circuit but not on the other.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: