cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Configure ATA 186 as a FXS and direct IP dialing

gpetroski
Level 1
Level 1

Hello. Just got ATA 186. I would like to use it as SIP FXS. I already have FXO with the POTS plugged in. I don't want o use the gateway or the gatekeeper. I would like to configure it to be IP dialing. I am running SIP image ATA030201SIP050616A.zup. Any help is greatly appreciated.

George

10 Replies 10

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Sorry, ASAIK, ATA doesn't support IP dialing.

The interfaces is always and only FXS.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

So, I can only use it with the gatekeeper? I can not connect to the Sipura SPA 3000 or something like that and just get the dial tone from SPA?

No. Cisco ATA in SIP modes requires a SIP proxy of some kind (gatekeepr is for H.323, not SIP).

You can try configurin the remote address as SIP proxy, it may even work.

Thank you so much. One more question. If it is in H.323, can it then be used to talk to FXO by just using PLAR numbers and IP of the FXO?

Hi, read the answer to this question at:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/gatecont/ps514/products_qanda_item09186a00800946e1.shtml

Thanks for the nice rating and good luck!

No problem. I see it can be used for direct H.323. I learned a lot from you. Maybe we can have an offline conversation to?

I really prefer the offer help on the forum exclusively. "Hotline" in ATA works for both H.323 and SIP.

Thank you. Hotline?

Have you read the Q&A? Hotline = PLAR.

OK, I read it but I am still strugling. Can you please help? I can tell you what is PLAR for my FXO and ID and the IP address. I figured out the Dial plan. I guess it is H021 (21 is the plar for the FXO). Is that correct? This FXS now needs to be 11 but not sure where to put that.

Also, I got the NATIP and Codec squared away. I am just strugling to see where I need to put in the IP address of the FXO and any other needed things. Thanks in advance for your help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: