Views
Helpful
Replies

Analog Line

amarmn1975
Level 1
Level 1

Hii experts,,

When I configured one of the analoge lines to connection opx plar to an IP phone number, and am trying to call the analog number I heared two rings befor the IP ring, The voice port configured by default for one ring, but still take two rings. And when I closed the call without answering, it also took about two second to apear missed call in the Ip phone.

Is there is any workaround to connect emmediatly.

Thanks...

5 Replies 5

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

the number of "ringbacks" that are heard from caller, does not necessarily reflects the number of rings the FXO port takes before answering.

To verify that, take "debug vpm signal" with "term mon", mae sure you have "service timestamps debug msec" configured.

Note if you've configured caller-id that can also slow down answering, disable it if you don;t have caller-id service active.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

Thanks,,it really works, but now when I hangup the call the Ip phone still ring for two times.

What about this issue..

Many thanks for a nice support.

The router needs a little time to detect that ringing has stopped. You can try reducing that with "timeouts call-disconnect ". On the other hand if nobody is answering, two rings more won't make any difference.

Thanks for ur reply, but I think it is not good for me if the manager try to pickup the phone and there is no call.

PLZ any help.

You can try the command above suggested. Beside that, there's no remedy.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: