Views
Helpful
Replies

IPsec VPN Client Auto-Update Feature

fherlan
Level 1
Level 1

Hello.

Did someone ever try the PIX/ASA "IPsec VPN Client Auto-Update Feature" ?

(see also Document ID: 105606).

It just want to make sure I understand this right.

The user will get an information popup which tells him to download the latest client? And then he has to start the update himself?

If yes, this would mean the user has to have full adminsitative rights on his laptop.

From my point of view, full admin rights on a laptop are a 100% no-go - and so the feature would be totally useless.

Anyone who can tell me if I'm right or wrong?

Best

Frank

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

JORGE RODRIGUEZ
Level 10
Level 10

Frank,

You are correct, if the desktop or labtop is completely locked in terms of installing software the client will not be able to install it, they may be able to download from the link you have configured in ASA once they connect to your RA ASA server but as far as installing it user's machine needs appropriate profile rights to be able to install it.

HTH

-Jorge

Jorge Rodriguez

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

JORGE RODRIGUEZ
Level 10
Level 10

Frank,

You are correct, if the desktop or labtop is completely locked in terms of installing software the client will not be able to install it, they may be able to download from the link you have configured in ASA once they connect to your RA ASA server but as far as installing it user's machine needs appropriate profile rights to be able to install it.

HTH

-Jorge

Jorge Rodriguez

Hello Jorge.

Thanks a lot.

In this case I consider the feature -> useless.

Best regards

Frank

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: