Helpful
Replies

language type appears on cisco agent desktop

helawamry
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have CRS 4.0.3 with license enhanced,

during the script configuration, caller can choose 1 for arabic language 2 for english language.

all agents receive calls from both languages, we need the language type appears on agent desktop beside the caller number.

how can i configure this.

Regards

Haitham,

3 Replies 3

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You accomplish this using the Set Enterprise Data step just before the Select Resource step (or in the Selected branch if you have Auto Connect set to Off).

You have a finite amount of Enterprise Data variables available to you. Please read the Cisco Desktop Administration and the Step Reference Guide for details. Here is an overview of how this would work:

1) Define the ECC variable in CDA. It should start with "user.". A logical name may be "user.caller.language".

2) Add the ECC variable to the CDA layout(s) that it should appear on.

3) In the script, define the ECC variable from Settings > Extended Call Variables. This will map the variable from within the script to what you have defined within CDA.

4) Add a Set Enterprise Data step at the appropriate location and assign the variable showing the caller-selected language to the ECC variable you have defined.

Save and refresh the script. This data will now appear when that CAD layout is triggered. If you have multiple layouts, be sure that the Set Enterprise Data also sets the layout you want to use.

Hi,

I'm new to IPCC and now I'm using ver 5. Could you please explain the difference between the Enterprise Call Info and the Expanded Call Variables ? Both are in the "Set Enterprise Call Info" step you mentioned above.

And could you please also explain how to choose which one to use over the other when writing a script?

Thanks.

Dear Jonathan

Thank you for you reply, your discription is really good.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: