cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Phone configuration problem urgent

rashedul45
Level 1
Level 1

I have about 200 IP Phone all are either 7940 or 7941. All are running fine. But one of the 7940 IP Phone is not working.

Only it is getting the voice VLAN id.

But not taking any IP address and TFTP server IP address from DHCP server although DHCP enabled in IP Phone. So I disabled the DHCP and gave the manual IP and TFTP IP but still now its showing “configuring CM list” after that TFTP time out message.

For your more information when I am giving ping from my laptop to the IP Phone IP address some time its giving response and then shows request time out . So can u tell me what the problem is?

14 Replies 14

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Try a factory reset. unpower phone, power with # pressed, when it says "reset sequence" press in sequence 123456789*0#. 2 to erase network settings. Make sure you have valid fw files in the tftp server.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

seems the phone is able to download the TFTP file but is unable to either resolve the CUCM server names or the file does not contain the right entries for the CUCM group.

make sure you use IPs and not hostnames and recreate the TFTP files

HTH

javalenc

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

No javalenc I used ip add not host name. actulay Ping aslo is not responding all time for that IP Phone ip address. But the same s/w port another IP Phone with same ip address is working fine.

Thanks your quick reply. Yes I am trying for factory reset but it is not working. It's following the same steps configuring VLAN configuring IP and “configuring CM list” and at last TFTP time out. Yes I have the FW coz other 7940 and 7941 is working.

In my TFTF server default FW for cisco 7940 is P00308000400 and in all 7940 Phone's app load id is P00308000400 which are working fine. but in this ip phone app load id is P0030301MFG2 so please tell me how can change the app load id.

When doing the factory reset, momentarily set on the switch port, access vlan same as voice vlan.

Of course after upgrade is complete, configure back as needed.

For factory reset, by holding # key its not working. I mean it goes for configuration.

configuring VLAN and geting the voice VLAN ID after that its showing configuring ip thats all and at that time in callmager list into the ip phone callmanager 1 is showing Cisco CM1. Can u plz tell me the other way that i can make factory reset.

Set the access vlan same voice vlan. The FW on your phone is so old that it can't get anything right.

When it's like that, to upgrade it you need to connect to a PC with tftp32.exe and observe the boor process, it can be a difficult task, but it can be done.

My access vlan 130 and voice vlan 128 ok. now plz tell me the exact procedure how can i solve the prob.

thnks for ur reply.

interface fax/y

switchport access vlan 128

If that doesn't work you need to connect to a PC as mentioned above and work on it manually.

sorry by configuring same vlan its not working. Can u tell me the details for the 2nd option. i already collect the TFTP32.

i started TFTP32 in my pc and selected the current directory path for P00308000400.bin file.

And Tftp client tab host ip is the iP phone ip which was configured manualy ,port 69 and file name is the P00308000400.bin.

At last press the put button ryt?

after that is shows an error msg. pls find the error msg in attachment.

No. Make sure TFPT server is enabled, from the log window observe if the phone makes any TFTP request. It should begin with OS79XX.TXT.

If it does, prepare a such a file as explaine here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/phones/ps379/products_tech_note09186a0080094584.shtml

Note you might need to go through successive updates, not straight to 8.x

Again thx p.bevilacqua after udate the FW now its working when i m giving voice(128) and access(128) vlan are same but after change the access vlan(130) in diff its not working. only showing "configuring IP" ...... at that time i saw the DHCP address are 255.255.255.255. So kindly guide me what can i do now?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: