Views
Helpful
Replies

ASDM for PIX 722

jong_r0602
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

Im planning to install asdm on my newly upgrade PIX 525 ve722. I just want to know if i need to install the asdm on my failover pix. Is there any problem if i just install it in one of my pix (active) only? What is the most stable asdm image for my pix?

Thanks,

Jong

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

JORGE RODRIGUEZ
Level 10
Level 10

Jong,

The most stable asdm version for your running PIX code 7.2.2 is asdm version 5.2.2, image file name asdm-522.bin.

Yes, you do need asdm installed in your failover, asdm is not required for firewall functionality unless you are %100 confortable dealing with command line. Personally I would also install asdm in failover to be consistant with your active unit.

HTH

-Jorge

Jorge Rodriguez

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

JORGE RODRIGUEZ
Level 10
Level 10

Jong,

The most stable asdm version for your running PIX code 7.2.2 is asdm version 5.2.2, image file name asdm-522.bin.

Yes, you do need asdm installed in your failover, asdm is not required for firewall functionality unless you are %100 confortable dealing with command line. Personally I would also install asdm in failover to be consistant with your active unit.

HTH

-Jorge

Jorge Rodriguez

Hi Jorge,

Thank you so much. Appreciated!

Rgds,

Jong

Jong, you are welcome, glad I could help!, thanks for the rating.

Jorge Rodriguez
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: