Views
Helpful
Replies

User Tracking Utility

sathappan
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Netpro's,

I have an LMS2.6 in which User tracking is integrated with active directory for getting the active directory user names of the end users.

Now my question is how long can we retain this username once the user is discovered. Is there any way to retain the usernames?

Also, I want to configure the SNMP traps to send e-mail notifications when the uplink utilisation goes above 50%. How this can be achieved?

with thanks

sathappan

2 Replies 2

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

In LMS 2.6, Windows usernames are mapped to end host records every time an acquisition runs. The username data will be retained until the entry is purged or the username changes (and another acquisition is run).

If you want to make sure you're keeping an audit trail of users, you should export the User Tracking records to a CSV, PDF, or XML file after each acquisition.

You should start a new thread for your utilization issue as that has nothing to do with Campus Manager.

Thanks clarke

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: