Unanswered Question
May 26th, 2008

Can Cisco MPE be integrated with multiple CUCm clusters

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Ginger Dillon Wed, 05/28/2008 - 11:21

Hi -

Just for grins, I looked this up for myself and couldn't find anything that really stood out, with exception to this document, the SRND design guide for CUCM 4.1 with MPE - Check out the section under Design Considerations for Multisite WAN with distributed call processing - "The Cisco Unified CallManager cluster at the remote site (Site 2 in Figure 16-3) can directly route calls to Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Express located at the central site (Site 1) by defining an H.323 gateway or SIP trunk directly on the remote cluster. This practice is not recommended due to its potential impact on call admission control. Routing calls directly to MeetingPlace and not through the central cluster via an intercluster trunk or through gatekeeper can cause calls not to be accounted for in call admission control measurements." The guide seems to point to MeetingPlace for this design instead. That being said, we have a separate CCM cluster for our County Airports. We can create userids for them on our MPE system, instead of using DC directory for CCMUser authentication as we do for our main cluster users. They can use the application for both phone calls and web access because they're still on our WAN (as long as the network is up). Ginger

This Discussion