cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How can we allocate bandwidth for specific purpose ?

Jacob Samuel
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Friends,

I need your kind suggestion on the following scenario -

I have 2 internet link of 1Mb+1Mb. I want to use these link as redundant to each other (both link will be active), also want to do load balancing between these Links.

Also I want to allocate a specific bandwidth from both the link for accessing my Portal Server which is inside my network.

Scenario is like this:-

I have a Web Server in side my network, the portal is accessed by the public to get certain information.

I have taken a 1Mb+1Mb link for the portal purpose. Now the customer want to send the internal internet traffic also through the same 1mb+1mb link.

I need redundnacy and load balencing for the portal pupose. at the same time I have to allow the internal user also through the same link to access Internet. But the main thing is i should allocate a good amount of Bandwidth for Portal purpose and only remaining for the internet.

I know that we can allocate bandwidth using device like packet shaper, But can we do this with out the help of any aditional device / tool?

your kind insight to this problem would be highly appreciated

thanks and regards

7 Replies 7

Jacob Samuel
Level 1
Level 1

Can any one plz update me on this issue?

Thanks'N'Regards

Jacob

jacob,

i am not sure whether i have understood your question properly.

my understanding is you have 2x1MB links connected to internet,so one from outside trying to connect to portal in your internal network and same link by internal users to connect internet.

if this is the case

i believe you can use Multilink to combine those physical 2x1 mb links to sinlge 2 MB virtual link.

you can configure QOS for priortising the traffic to portal.

redundancy will also be there is one link goes down virtual link will be uo and running with other single link

rate if it helps

rgds/shiva

HI Shiva,

Thank you for the information. Can you plz share me how can we combine this two ISP link as a Multi Link? Incase the Link are from 2 Differnet ISP's then can we do the same?

QOS I dont have much idea abt QOS. Can we prioratize traffic that orginated from outside (source unknown) and desitination is my Portal inside the DMZ.

Can you please share me some good information / source about the load balencing and WAN Redundancy techniques and QOS.

regards

search cisco website for QOS,MULTILINKS and GLBP

hi samuel,

link to multilink configuration.

-----------------------------------

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/aggr/10000/10ksw/mlppos.htm

your requirement with QOS is possible ,by putting qos for the server on edge router

multilink is kind of loadbalancing which sends traffic on links configured for multilink even if one link goes down traffic will be via single link.

rate if it helps

rgds/shiva

Thanks a lot sihiva for the help. I will go through the document. Incase of any more help i will come back with my qery...

thanks a lot for your kind help

Regards

Jacob

sure

post your query.cisco forum has many experts spending their valuable time on answering queries all times even for me ,when i come across....

rgds/shiva

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card