Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

lms2.6 alert & activity

Hi

I am using LMS2.6, and receiving Cumulative Active notifications from DFM for any event on the device. I need only the last events notification instead of all previous events cumulative notification. Pls Guide me how to configure the same. also can I schedule periodic event clearing?

11 Replies 11

pls help me

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you are sending notifications with DFM, you need to only check the boxes for events in your Notification Group config. If you check the alert boxes, then you will get notifications containing the alert summary. The events are the atomic device problems, and contain much more useful information.

By default, DFM will age out cleared alerts and events every month. You can configure the time of day at which the purge job runs, but you cannot change the number of retention days. The purge time can be configured under DFM > Configuration > Other Configurations > Daily Purging Schedule.

No In my case , lets say I have Not selected the event " HighQueueDropRate " , but selected the event " StateNotNormal" , by default i am not receiving the "Highqueue drop " notification but till the event is active for any "StateNotNorma" event I am receving the notification for both in notification description separated by " , ". Is there any way by which i can receive only the last event received by DFM in the notification description, not all the active events for the same device.

Please post a screenshot of your notification group configuration.

Hi pls find the attachment containing event set configuration. Each event set is cofigured for different device groups.

also attache the notification i am receiving.

bellow the description is for both events .

"EVENT DESCRIPTION = IF-WBPO-LA-PGW2/1 [AT6/0]:HighQueueDropRate; IF-WBPO-LA-PGW2/3 [Fa0/1]:OperationallyDown; "

where as I want only the last event " IF-WBPO-LA-PGW2/3 [Fa0/1]:OperationallyDown; " occured only should come

This is not what I wanted. I wanted a screenshot of the notification group configuration, not your event set configuration.

Hi pls find the attachment and let me know if any thing more you required.

This is what I thought. Uncheck all the boxes under the Alert section, and this problem should go away.

Thanx a ton, I have made the necessary change.

I have one more question , why "Authentication failure" alerts are comming after running the archieve management job from all device. I have selected TELNET as transport input and the credentials are also proper , which i have verified by manual login.

You need to start a new thread as this new issues has nothing to do with DFM.

Ok. Thanks a lot

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: