cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem when trying to access RME in LMS3.0 for Win

pipsadmin
Level 1
Level 1

I installed the trial LMS 3.0 last week, and everything went well, but when I try to access resource manager essentials, I get this error :

EXCP0006: Connection to RME DB Failed. Check the RME DB status.

I cannot seem to understand how to fix this issue...

I also see this message in whatever page I go to in the RME:

You may not be able to use some of these functions if you do not have the required privileges.

Where do I setup theses priviledges?

7 Replies 7

David Stanford
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Is LMS integrated with ACS?

Can you check the output of pdshow and see if RMEDbEngine is running? What OS is this and how much RAM?

Process = RMEDbEngine

State = Never started

Pid = 0

RC = 0

Signo = 0

Start = N/A

Stop = Not applicable

Core = Not applicable

Info = Application dependency start: application(s) depending on it.

OS = Windows 2003 Server Standard

RAM = 1024mb

Even when I go to LMS : Server Admin Processes and try to start the service from there, it wont start and does not give me any error message box...

You don't meet the minimum requirements for memory for LMS. You have 1 GB of RAM and it requires 2GB even with the 300 device license.

Is that the only reason?

Im only testing this app, figured I only will have 1 device so dont need 2 Gb of ram....

This is one of the possible reasons. In earlier releases of LMS this process would fail if you don't meet the minimum RAM reqs.

Ok, but this does not explain why when I access CiscoView Chassis View, it gives me an error of :

User doesn't have the priviledges to manage this device with CiscoView.

Yet, the username and password I use to login to LMS is setup will all the rights?!?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco