Views
Helpful
Replies

Display Caller Name for incoming calls

f.giordano
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

Is there a way to establish a relation between a Caller Number and a Caller Name. If an incoming call comes to the H323 gateway, I'd like to display a name instead of the number on the IpPhone.

Is it possible to edit a txt file for instance that will be check for every incoming call in order to match a name or something like that ?

Thx all

Fabian

10 Replies 10

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Are you using CM ?

I wrote a TCL/IVR service "number2name" that does that. It can be acquired on ciscoscripts.com

Hi Paolo,

Yes customer is using CCM 4.1(3) with H323 gateway. I'm going to test it first in our lab environnement and I'll keep you informed.

Thx for it.

Fabian

P.S: Next star colour is not so far for you now :p

Me again.

It doesn't work ( Phone doesn't ring ). I kept the current dial-peer voice. Just add the service num2name. Is there anything to do on the CCM ?

Here is part of the config:

dial-peer voice 300 pots

description TEST TCL

service num2name

incoming called-number 54XXXXX

direct-inward-dial

port 0/1/0:15

application

service num2name flash:/number2name.tcl

param list-file flash:/bulklist.txt

Here is the bulklist.txt

, ,

1, 691915602, FabianMobile

Debug voice application in attachment.

If you need more info to help, don't hesitate.

Thx again.

Fabian

Tried to do the exact same thing with a local .txt file on the flash, did the same config as you did. I cant receive calls either, did u get it working ?

Considering that I'm the one that wrote and mantains these scripts, you can contact me at the address present in my profile for professional help.

Hi Paolo,

We are trying this on our inbound SIP dial peer but it does not seem to work. Instead ot appears to stop calls coming in completely. If we try the same service on a POTS dial peer it works.

Is there something that will stop this working on an inbound VOIP DP?

Thanks

Oli

Did you purchased the script on my site? If so, when ?

Hi Paolo,

This was purchased from your website yes.

It was a colleague of mine that purchased this from our company name (Axonex).

It would have been approx 3 years ago.

Thanks

Oli

I've received your email and will try to assist as I do with all my customers.

Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: