Views
Helpful
Replies

AIR-WLC4402-25-k9 hardware Change - AP's do not register

gfracassi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm trying to change a 4402 controller (12 AP's capability) with a new 4402 for 25 AP's.

In production we have 9 aps that need to be registered with the new controller, but they do not do that. All ap's are located in different subnets, so a layer 3 scheme is being used and all ap's are up and running until i change the controller (the controller has the same config file and signatures). Does anyone know what is happening? Thanks in advanced. Gustavo

2 Replies 2

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If the ap's were converted to lwapp and depending if you the ap has a mic or a ssc, you will need to make sure you install the ssc in the new wlc. If you didn't have converted ap's or ssc that you had to deal with with the existing ap's then you don't have to worry about this.

1st I would configure the 2nd wlc and verify connectivity.

2nd I would configure the mobility group, by adding each controller to the mobility group. (This will let the ap know about the new controller!)

3rd I would set the time and time zone or NTP.

4th I would Change the primary controller to the new wlc and the secondary to the 4402-12 (temporary)

5th I would enable ap fallback if not already set

6th Once the ap's move to the new wlc, then if the 4402-12 will not be a backup, then remove the secondary controller setting on the ap.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

It Worked, thanks for the information.

Best regards

Gustavo

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card