Views
Helpful
Replies

https://Publisher Server/ccmuser/logon.asp user can't not change password

acerda
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All

I hope all doing fine, I have CCM 4.2 integrated with Active Directory for manage users.My problems is that some users can't not change the passwords on web of auto attention, I made a reset password on active directory and issue still exist, I made a restart to Publisher for check if ISS or www service are blocked but no possitive changes, the following is the error that appear on web to the users:

Error Information

Error Description Not Available

Error Details Failed to change user password.

They can log on with password that Active Directory gives, but no possible change for him self.

Propietes of account users is allowed change him password.

Regards

Andres

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Even if Cisco Unified CallManager is integrated with Microsoft Active Directory, you still cannot set or modify user passwords through Cisco Unified CallManager Administration because Active Directory does not allow passwords to be set through clear-text LDAP

From the SRND, this has always been the case. You can't change the pwd from CCMAdmin or CCMUser, you need to do it from the ADUC. You may reset the PIN but not the PWD.

HTH

javalenc

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thxs Javalenc,

But some users can change him password from url, this issue is for specific users

Andres

Hello,

what Password is it that your users try to change?

We have had issues with 4.1(3) were users Windows AD Password included € or any othet "non" american characters.

Changing the AD Password to something more simple worked fine.

Regards

Steffen

Hi and thanks Steffen,

I refer about the cahnge of password for logon on the web at CCMUser Parameters where are services like Personal Address Book. The users can change PIN password.

When we try to change the password we use numbers or american characters.

Andres