WCS error message

Unanswered Question
May 26th, 2008
User Badges:

Which is the cause of this message?:

The AP 'XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX' received a WPA MIC error on protocol '1' from Station 'XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX'. Counter measures have been activated and traffic has been suspended for 60 seconds.

What can I do to resolve the problem?

Overall Rating: 4 (2 ratings)
Scott Fella Mon, 05/26/2008 - 07:39
User Badges:
  • Super Silver, 17500 points or more
  • Hall of Fame,

The Hall of Fame designation is a lifetime achievement award based on significant overall achievements in the community. 

• Cisco Designated VIP,

2017 Wireless

Looks like a device has failed the authentication to one of your wlans. The client then suspended for the 60 seconds which was configured. This feature is configured under the wlan in the client exclusion located in the advanced tab. If the client fails 3 times in a row, then the user will not be able to associate to the ap for a period that is set.

ricardorojas123 Mon, 05/26/2008 - 18:26
User Badges:

Hi, I did not find the option client exclusion in the advanced tab. I have WLC version: 4.0.206.0.

In the version 4.0 where I can find this option?

Scott Fella Mon, 05/26/2008 - 19:50
User Badges:
  • Hall of Fame,

The Hall of Fame designation is a lifetime achievement award based on significant overall achievements in the community. 

• Cisco Designated VIP,

2017 Wireless

You will find this option under:

WLAN | SSID | Advanced

Should be on the bottom left side... If enabled, you should see 60 seconds.

ricardorojas123 Tue, 05/27/2008 - 08:36
User Badges:

Hi fella5, I found the option that says, this option "Client Exclusion" is availble in:

WLAN|SSID|edit in the version of the Wireless Lan Controller version 4.0.206.0.

Client Exclusion |x| enable 60 Timeout Value (secs)

I will disable this option to correct the problem: "The AP 'XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX' received a WPA MIC error on protocol '1' from Station 'XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX'. Counter measures have been activated and traffic has been suspended for 60 seconds".

I will comment the process !!!

thanks fella5

kwoerner1 Thu, 08/07/2008 - 07:28
User Badges:

I have the client exclusion policy disabled on the WLAN and I still receive this MIC errors about daily. Any other suggestions?

Scott Fella Thu, 08/07/2008 - 09:18
User Badges:
  • Hall of Fame,

• Cisco Designated VIP,

2017 Wireless

What MIC errors are you seeing?

kwoerner1 Thu, 08/07/2008 - 09:20
User Badges:

The AP xx:xx:xx... received a WPA MIC error on protocol '0' from Station xx:xx:xx:... Counter measures have been activated and traffic has been suspended for 60 seconds.

The clients are always a Vocera B2000 Badge.

Actions

This Discussion

Trending Topics: Other Wireless Mobility

client could not be authenticated
Network Analysis Module (NAM) Products
Cisco 6500 nam
reason 440 driver failure
Cisco password cracker
Cisco Wireless mode