Views
Helpful
Replies

WCS error message

ricardorojas123
Level 1
Level 1

Which is the cause of this message?:

The AP 'XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX' received a WPA MIC error on protocol '1' from Station 'XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX'. Counter measures have been activated and traffic has been suspended for 60 seconds.

What can I do to resolve the problem?

8 Replies 8

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Looks like a device has failed the authentication to one of your wlans. The client then suspended for the 60 seconds which was configured. This feature is configured under the wlan in the client exclusion located in the advanced tab. If the client fails 3 times in a row, then the user will not be able to associate to the ap for a period that is set.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Hi, I did not find the option client exclusion in the advanced tab. I have WLC version: 4.0.206.0.

In the version 4.0 where I can find this option?

You will find this option under:

WLAN | SSID | Advanced

Should be on the bottom left side... If enabled, you should see 60 seconds.

-Scott

Hi fella5, I found the option that says, this option "Client Exclusion" is availble in:

WLAN|SSID|edit in the version of the Wireless Lan Controller version 4.0.206.0.

Client Exclusion |x| enable 60 Timeout Value (secs)

I will disable this option to correct the problem: "The AP 'XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX' received a WPA MIC error on protocol '1' from Station 'XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX'. Counter measures have been activated and traffic has been suspended for 60 seconds".

I will comment the process !!!

thanks fella5

I have the client exclusion policy disabled on the WLAN and I still receive this MIC errors about daily. Any other suggestions?

What MIC errors are you seeing?

-Scott

The AP xx:xx:xx... received a WPA MIC error on protocol '0' from Station xx:xx:xx:... Counter measures have been activated and traffic has been suspended for 60 seconds.

The clients are always a Vocera B2000 Badge.

Are you using WPA-PSK with TKIP?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: